Committed to the pursuit of excellence in higher education, the department offers degrees at Bachelor, Masters and Ph. D levels in English Literature along with various short term courses in language proficiency. It also offers special “bridge” courses and Communicative English Programs to students seeking to improve their language skills. The Remedial English course we offer to university students is always in demand is found useful by a wide range of students from various disciplines.
- B. A. (Hons.) English
- M.A in English LiteraturePh. D English
- Ph. D English
Seminars & Workshops
Classroom teaching is complemented with innumerable scholarly activities including lectures by eminent professor, seminars, conferences, workshops, symposia and colloquia, making our school an intellectually stimulating vibrant place.
Some highlights include:
- Special Lecture on ‘Foundations of Vedic Masculinity’ by Dr. Smita Sehgal, Associate Professor Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi University. (a noted Historian and alumnus of St. Stephen’s Delhi University).
- Special Lecture on ‘Women, Gender and Popular Culture’ by Dr. Prem Srivastava, Associate Professor at Maharaja Agrasen College, Delhi University.
- Special Lecture on ‘Road to Creativity’ by Dr. Sukrita Paul Kumar, (a noted poet, critic and academician).
- Special Lecture on ‘Shakespeare and the Proscenium Stage’ by Dr. Dilip Basu, Associate Professor (Retd.) Rajdhani College, Delhi University.
- Special Lecture on ‘Buddhist Philosophy of Knowledge’ by Prof. Hira Paul Gangnegi, Department of Buddhist Studies, Delhi University.
- Poetry Reading Session by noted poet, Akhil Katyal, Assistant Professor, Shiv Nadar University
- One-day seminar on "Raise Your Game" under the lecture series on ‘Human Excellence’ by Anant Kasibhatla, a renowned international speaker and Limca Book of Record holder for memory.
- Workshop on Research Methodology by Ms. Toran Talwar, Dayalbagh Educational Institute.
- Workshop on ‘Leadership analysis and Working Under Pressure’ for faculty and students by L. Surjit Singh, Associate Professor, ILLM College of Engineering and Technology.
- One day seminar on Mind, Memory and Management by Psycho Neurobics " under the lecture series on ‘Human Excellence’ by Dr. B. K. Chandrashekhar, Indian Book of Records holder for inventing mind testing machine and 3D healing album and winner of Sunrise Peace Mission Award for contribution in public health service through Psycho Neurobics and Raj yoga.
- Workshop on ‘Feminism in Contemporary Literature’ by Dr. Prem Srivastva, Associate Professor at Maharaja Agrasen College, Delhi University.
The school is equipped with language lab with access to Pearson Global English Software, Wi-Fi enabled spacious classrooms with projectors and other audio-visual aids. With progressive and innovative outlook towards teaching, our highly accomplished and dedicated faculty earnestly follows interactive and student centric approaches to teaching –learning. Co-curricular activities and events feature prominently in our academic calendar and we provide intensive mentoring to our students both within and beyond classrooms in a wide variety of forums.
Research & Publications
- National Conference on ‘Emerging Trends in English Language- Linguistics, Language Pedagogy and Literature’ held in April 2016.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture