Economics and International Business
The department is run by a team consisting of one Professor, two Assistant Professors, one Lecturer and three Visiting Faculties. While two of them have already been admitted to Doctoral degrees, one is pursuing his Ph. D. programme is expected to be awarded the same pretty soon.
Besides teaching courses in Economics and International Business relevant to MBA, BBA and B.Com (Hons.) programmes, the department offers a unique programme titled BA (Hons) Applied Economics that integrates the domains of Economics and Management Science in creating an army of young professionals who are skilled enough to apply the tools and methodologies of Economics in solving management problems.
Senior members of the faculty are actively engaged in research and consultancy. The research areas pursued by them include
- Institutional Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Natural Resource Management
- New Institutional Economics
- Women’s Empowerment and
- Efficiency Analysis of Economic Activities.
A new MBA programme has been designed by the Department in collaboration with New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) Planning and Coordination Agency titled Rural Value Chain Management for students from the African continent. It is expected to start by the end of 2016.
One faculty member serves as an Adjunct Professor with the Natural Resource Institute, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada (2011-2017)
One Faculty Awarded
- Certificate of Appreciation from Payap University , 8th june 2015
- Young Teacher Award by Confederation of Education Excellence on 5th September, 2014.
- Special Recognition Certificate from King’s University college, Western University, Canada for coordinating Global Commerce, summer Internship program ( 1st June to 30th june, 2014).
- Special Recognition Certificate from Payap University for successfully coordinating the student Internship Program ( 10th June to 7th July, 2013) at Payap University, Thailand
- Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Performance and lasting contribution to Professional Development FTF Lecture Series held on March 5, 2013.
Seminars & Workshops
- Organized Seminar on SMART CITIES: CONVERTING INNOVATIVE IDEAS INTO REALITY’ IN ASSOCIATION WITH ALL INDIA COUNCIL OF HUMAN RIGHTS, LIBERTIES & SOCIAL JUSTICE on 6th October, 2015
- Organized ( Worked as convener) workshop on 'Financial education' on 19th February, 2015 in association with Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- Organized workshop on 'Career guidance & entrepreneurship' in association with Soft Dreamz learning system on 20th March, 2015.
- Organized seminar on Career opportunities in the Banking & Financial Services sector on 27th March in association with ICICI Direct Center for Financial Learning.
- Organized International Workshop on Social Entrepreneurship in ASEAN Economy Community (AEC): the Role of Job Creation and Local Entrepreneurship can play towards Poverty Reduction and Stability in ASEAN Economic Community in association with Payap University on 9th April, 2015.
- Organized International Workshop on Consumer Behaviour : Psychological principles to enhance effectiveness on 20th April 2015
- Organized Workshop on “ Paradigm shift in Corporate India” on 31st January, 2015.
- Organized ( Worked as Event coordinator ) the Intel Aptitude Test in association with Econs Profit Solutions on 17th October 2014
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2015)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-15)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-15)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah Architecture, 2014-15
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor Architecture, 2014-15
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan Architecture, 2014-15
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma Architecture, 2014-15
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish Architecture, 2014-15
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee Architecture, 2014-15