Economics and International Business
The department is run by a team consisting of one Professor, two Assistant Professors, one Lecturer and three Visiting Faculties. While two of them have already been admitted to Doctoral degrees, one is pursuing his Ph. D. programme is expected to be awarded the same pretty soon.
Besides teaching courses in Economics and International Business relevant to MBA, BBA and B.Com (Hons.) programmes, the department offers a unique programme titled BA (Hons) Applied Economics that integrates the domains of Economics and Management Science in creating an army of young professionals who are skilled enough to apply the tools and methodologies of Economics in solving management problems.
Senior members of the faculty are actively engaged in research and consultancy. The research areas pursued by them include
- Institutional Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Natural Resource Management
- New Institutional Economics
- Women’s Empowerment and
- Efficiency Analysis of Economic Activities.
A new MBA programme has been designed by the Department in collaboration with New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) Planning and Coordination Agency titled Rural Value Chain Management for students from the African continent. It is expected to start by the end of 2016.
One faculty member serves as an Adjunct Professor with the Natural Resource Institute, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada (2011-2017)
One Faculty Awarded
- Certificate of Appreciation from Payap University , 8th june 2015
- Young Teacher Award by Confederation of Education Excellence on 5th September, 2014.
- Special Recognition Certificate from King’s University college, Western University, Canada for coordinating Global Commerce, summer Internship program ( 1st June to 30th june, 2014).
- Special Recognition Certificate from Payap University for successfully coordinating the student Internship Program ( 10th June to 7th July, 2013) at Payap University, Thailand
- Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Performance and lasting contribution to Professional Development FTF Lecture Series held on March 5, 2013.
Seminars & Workshops
- Organized Seminar on SMART CITIES: CONVERTING INNOVATIVE IDEAS INTO REALITY’ IN ASSOCIATION WITH ALL INDIA COUNCIL OF HUMAN RIGHTS, LIBERTIES & SOCIAL JUSTICE on 6th October, 2015
- Organized ( Worked as convener) workshop on 'Financial education' on 19th February, 2015 in association with Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- Organized workshop on 'Career guidance & entrepreneurship' in association with Soft Dreamz learning system on 20th March, 2015.
- Organized seminar on Career opportunities in the Banking & Financial Services sector on 27th March in association with ICICI Direct Center for Financial Learning.
- Organized International Workshop on Social Entrepreneurship in ASEAN Economy Community (AEC): the Role of Job Creation and Local Entrepreneurship can play towards Poverty Reduction and Stability in ASEAN Economic Community in association with Payap University on 9th April, 2015.
- Organized International Workshop on Consumer Behaviour : Psychological principles to enhance effectiveness on 20th April 2015
- Organized Workshop on “ Paradigm shift in Corporate India” on 31st January, 2015.
- Organized ( Worked as Event coordinator ) the Intel Aptitude Test in association with Econs Profit Solutions on 17th October 2014
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)