Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
The advent of Computer Science in the second half of the last century bloomed into Information Technology (IT). This period would be remembered for the third technological in the history of mankind, which transformed the age-old industrial society into a modern Information Society (IS). Now, this technology is at theverge of procreating Knowledge Technology (KT), which would transform Information Society into Knowledge Society (KS). In Knowledge Society, an extremely strong workforce of creative and innovative knowledge workers would be required to create the knowledge products.
Like IT, the Knowledge Technology would be based on the sound scientific foundations enshrined in Computer Science.
The Department of Computer Science is envisioned to prepare competent, creative and innovative Computer Scientists who would be capable of meeting the challenges posed by these burgeoning knowledge disciplines. With the strength of preparing competent Computer Scientists, the department aspires to play a lead role in national vision of creating the futuristic knowledge economy through creativity and innovation in Information and Knowledge Technologies.
Our competent and highly qualified faculty are committed to help our students in improving and enhancing their analytical thinking ability and creativity, and in understanding the professional issues related to ethics and professional conduct, economics, and the societal needs and their role in technologically globalized world. The department is committed to foster creative and innovative research.
The department enjoys the full patronage of the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor, Pro Vice-Chancellor, and the director of the School of Engineering (SET) where it is housed presently.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering has played a significant role in nurturing computer education in the region. The faculty members of the Department have won many awards/honours for their knowledge and contribution.
January to April 2014 updates
- M Ayoub Khan has authored book “Embedded and Real Time System Development: A Software Engineering Perspective-Concepts, Methods and Principles” in collaboration with Saqib Saeed, Ashraf Darwish, Ajith Abraham. It has been published by Springer under series “Studies in Computational Intelligence” (SCI). More information is available at www.springer.com/series/7092. (DBLP, Ulrichs, SCOPUS Indexed), 2014"
- CSE and ECE department jointly organised a tour to PDP University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat for their Technical and cultural fest FLARE 2014 from 21 March to 23 March 2014. A group of Sharda students have gone there and participated in various events like solo dance,group dance,Quiz,painting,singing. We got different positions in Quiz and Wall painting. Kapil Madan (CSE) and Sachin Bhutani (ECE) have gone with the group as University faculty representatives."
- Dr. M Y Khan has been appointed as Editor-in- Chief Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, SCI ISI Indexed Journal."
- A project submitted by Abhishek Dwivedi under the guidance of Prof. (Dr) Ishan Ranjan has been approved by the IT Committee of Bhushan Steels Ltd. The objective of the project is to map and model new flows of information to help improve the company performance."
- Evaluation and Implementation Study done by Prof. (Dr.) Ishan Ranjan for KPMG Project on IT implementation for Paddy Procurement and Paddy Distribution System in Chattisgarh. Two students, Ishan Sharma and Aman Modi have been involved in the project.
- Research: Ms. Amrita presented a paper titled “A Hybrid-Based Feature Selection Approach for Intrusion Detection System”, in Fifth International Conference on Networks and Communications (NETCOM-2013), Chennai. Ms. Ritika Chugh published tworesearch papers, Ms. Abha Kiran Rajput and M. Tech. students published one research paper."
Prof. Pervez Ahmed
Prof. Pervez Ahmed has been recently conferred by the "IT Innovation and Excellence Award 2012" in recognition of his contribution to the field of Pattern Recognition & Intelligent Systems. His other achievements are listed below:
- NSERC Canada research grant awarded for the development of totally unconstrained handwriting recognition system.
- UGC India research grant awarded for the development of multilingual document handling system.
- Financial Support for Science Talent Scholarships, M.Sc. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India.
- Financial Support for Postgraduate Research, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada.
Dr. Abhishek Swaroop (Professor & Head of Department)
- Vice-Chancellor’s silver medal for securing overall 2nd position in the Branch in B.Tech (CSE) at G.B. Pant university of Ag. & Tech. in 1992.
Dr. Amit Agrawal
- Nominated as Session Chair and TPC for the International Workshop on Cloud Computing and Information Security (CCIS-2013) going to be held at Shangai, China during 9-11 Nov, 2013.
- TPC for the World Conference on Advances in Communication and Control Systems during 6-8 April 2013 at DIT University, Dehradun.
Pushpendra Kumar Rajput
- He has received gold medal from NIT Jalandhar in M.Tech.
Seminars & Workshops
Workshop was conducted on "MS Excel" by Dr. Rashi Aggarwal and Ms Supriya Khaitan
Seminar and Workshop was conducted on Mobile Applications by G S mishra and Ms Amrita
Mr Rupesh Jindal has organized Nasscom- FSIT and Cyber Security workshop for faculty .
IBM has organized workshop for faculty on Open source and Open Standards.
ICT based course on PhP and MySQl was organized in the department by Dr. Ruchi Agarwal and Mr. Mukul Varshney.
Java Technical Event "Byte 'n Code" Level 1 was organized by Dr Kiran Ravalukollu for 1st year.
Dr Kiran Ravlukollu was invited as Guest to Tech Talk on "Internet of Things : A friendly echosystem".
Orgnized by faculty FDP Program from 24-28 April, 2017 on Artificial Neural Network and Fuzzy Logic by NITTTR, Chandigarh.
- Prof. (Dr) Ishan Ranjan was invited to present at a KPMG - ELCINA Seminar on “IT Applications in e-Governance” in New Delhi on 12th of April 2014. The Seminar was attended by delegates from the government and industry. National Informatics Centre had a major delegation attending the Seminar."
- Student Workshop on Cloud Computing was organized by Dr. Kiran Ravulakollu and Dr. Ayoub Khan on 27th March, 2014 in association with CETPA. M. Tech International students, 3rd Year B. Tech along with a section of final year attended the workshop. The students received basic understanding of cloud and how the opportunities are available for them, to progress in this technology."
- Ishan Ranjan was invited as a Keynote Speaker and Session Chair at the National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Engineering, Science and Technology”. He chaired the session on Natural Language Processing and Data Analytics. It was organized in collaboration with Computer Society of India. His presentation was titled “ Future Trends in Data Analytics in the New Web Age."
- Prof. (Dr.) Ishan Ranjan was featured in Jagran’s “Josh” magazine in panel discussion on education system and the changes youth wants. Josh has circulation of 9 lakh readers all over India. Prof. Debashish Chatterjee, Director, IIM Kozhikode, Prof. J.S. Rajput, Former Director, NCERT, Prof. Smita Mishra, DU were also in the panel."
- A seminar on Oracle Technology Networks was organized on 20th February 2014 which had two Technical sessions and 13 students participated.
- Students under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) Ishan Ranjan participated in the India Auto Expo 2014 and Auto Components Expo held in Expo Mart, Greater Noida and New Delhi respectively. Interaction happened with 28 Companies and a Report is under preparation. Dr. Kiran Kumar Ravulakollu attended and acted as chair of “Image Processing” session in International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving."
Presentation: Microsoft IT Academy (March 21, 2013)
A presentation was made by channel partners of Microsoft IT academy to students of B.Tech. CSE 2nd year and B.Tech. CSE 3rd year. The presentation was done in three phases and in each phase approximately 90 students participated (total 270). The presentation was informative and useful for the students.
“Programming Quest” organized by “SPECTA Club” (February 08, 2013)
SPECTA Club organized a Programming Quest to test the programming skill of students from all years of Computer Science and Engineering on 8th Feb, 2013. Following are the year wise winners names:
- 1st Year
- 2012008226 Isha Saxena
- 2012013577 Suraiya Jabeen
- 2012015168 Somya Shrivastav
- 2nd Year
- 110101034 Aman Modi
- 3rd Year
- 100101188 Rashmi Priya
Departmental Research Seminars
- February 02, 2013: Dr. Kiran Ravulakollu gave a research seminar on the topic "Multisensory Integration of Audio & Visual Stimuli for Multimodal Behavior in Artificial Agent based on the Superior Colliculus.”
- December 17, 2012: A seminar was given on the topic "Syntactic Pattern Recognition" a forgotten pioneer structural pattern based approach by Prof. Pervez Ahmed.
- November 17, 2012: Dr. Abhishek Swaroop has given a research seminar on the topic "Resource Allocation Problems in Distributed Systems."
Faculty Development Programme
Department of CSE has organized three days faculty development programme from 24/7/12 to 26/7/12. It was an interactive programme in which seminars were scheduled for the newly joined faculty.
- Seminar on “Overview, capability & application of Data Mining through highly capable advanced analytic software STATISTICA” by Statsoft organized on 20 Nov 2014. Faculty Coordinator: Dr. Ruchi Agarwal.
- Webinar on Analytics by Oracle Academy on 21 st -Jan- 2015. Faculty Coordinators: Dr. Kiran Ravulakollu,Dr. Ruchi Agarwal,Ms. Megha Chhabra.
The Department has five modern air-conditioned computing labs. Out of these, one lab is dedicated for Postgraduate students and for research scholars in the Department. The whole Department is connected through a LAN in order to provide modern teaching and learning environment and fast access to the Internet. All systems are equipped with high speed and excellent Internet connectivity in order to facilitate various academic throughputs and are available to the students for conducting e-learning and interactive lab session during the classes. In addition, the Department has round the clock Wi-Fi connectivity. The LAN caters to many important computing needs of the Department such as compilers of the popular programming languages, RDBMS software (Oracle, SQL Server), communication facility and Internet facility. All the labs, the seminar room and office are connected through LAN. Norton protection management & Internet security gateway are installed for virus protection and protection against eavesdropper.
- Operating System: (Windows NT/XP, Windows 7 & Red Hat Linux), and requisite Software (Oracle-9i/10g, Microsoft Visual Studio.NET, Microsoft SQL server 2005, compiler of various languages such as C, C++, Java 1.7, MATLAB 7.14, Visual Prolog, Rational Rose, Microsoft Visual Basic, Acrobat Reader and Writer, Photoshop, Turbo Assembler, Borland C++, MS-Office-XP, Macromedia Director 11.5, Studio MAX (Dream Weaver, Flash, Freehand). 500 Pentium IV/C2D/Quad Core PCs.
- Servers: Mail server, DNS server, DHCP server, File server, Proxy server, Network monitoring server, Application server for Exam, Backup server.
- Printers: HP-Color LaserJet 2550Ln, HP-Color LaserJet 3600, HP-LaserJet 1020 series.
- Scanner: HP-Scanjet 4750 C, HP Scanjet 5590, LCD Projectors, Kyan Machines.
- Wireless LAN: IEEE 802.11 b based Cisco Aironet Access Points, CISCO Wireless Adaptor PCI/PCMCIA, HP iPAQ 3950 PDAs.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture