Department of chemistry is an integral part of School of Basic Sciences and Research. The strength of the department is its highly qualified faculty and quality of academic education. Department has state-of-the-art laboratory for undergraduate and postgraduate students well equipped with sophisticated instruments as per the syllabi.
Department offers three years B.Sc. (Hons.) and two years M.Sc. in physical, inorganic and organic chemistry. Department also offers the Ph.D. program and four years integrated M.Sc program in various disciplines of chemistry. All the faculty members are committed to guide the student at all times with their valuable suggestions.
The department organizes interdisciplinary workshops and seminars regularly for students. The chemistry club of the department caters to the doubts of students about different competitive exams.
Department has three sponsored research projects from Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), New Delhi sanctioned under Business Incubation Centre (BIC) as listed below.
- Development of light emitting diodes.
- Antibacterial nanomaterial embedded fabrics for medical applications.
- Biodiesel production from waste vegetable and non-edible oils using nanoparticle catalyst for commercial purposes.
Further, almost all faculty members of the department has been awarded financially by the university for overall contribution in teaching and research. International Students have been awarded M.Sc. Degree in Chemistry.
Seminars & Workshops
- Special lecture on “How to Face the Interview and Write an Effective Resume” 16th February 2016.
- Industrial Visit Jubilant Chemsys Limited, Noida, 12th February 2016.
- “Let’s Dream for Successful Career Ahead”- A Career Counseling Session by Usha Albuquerque 5th February 2016.
- A Talk on “Tips to Crack UGC-NET Exam”, 19th January 2016.
- Industrial Visit to Shree Krishna Polymers, Greater Noida, 6th November 2015
- A Special lecture on “How to Write a Research Paper”, 29th September 2015.
- A Training Program On CHEM-DRAW 9th October 2015
- National Conference on Functional Materials Synthesis, Application & Environmental Impact (NCFM-2015) 28th August 2015.
- Workshop on “Patent, Intellectual Property Rights and Ethics” 21st March 2015 with the Department of Physics, SBSR
- Organized two days workshop on "Drug Discovery & Designing"on 27th and 28th March 2015.
- Two state-of-the-art laboratories for undergraduate and postgraduate each.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2015)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-15)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-15)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah Architecture, 2014-15
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor Architecture, 2014-15
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan Architecture, 2014-15
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma Architecture, 2014-15
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish Architecture, 2014-15
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee Architecture, 2014-15