The Department offers UG, PG, and Ph.D. Course in various disciplines of life Sciences (Biochemistry, Food Science, and Technology, Microbiology and Biotechnology). All the basic infrastructural facilities needed for conducting teaching and research programmes in different areas of Life Sciences have been developed in the department. The department is housed in a newly constructed building consisting of classrooms with audio-visual facilities well-equipped students laboratories, research laboratories, and classrooms. The students undergo project training in every year in various areas of sciences
- B.Sc (Biotechnology)
- B.Sc (Biochemistry Hons)
- B.Sc (Food Science and Technology)
- M.Sc (Microbiology)
- M.Sc (Food Science and Technology)
- Department of Biotechnology strongly believes in this doctrine and so encourages its faculty to be involved in active research so as to be in touch with the recent development in the subject and deliver the latest. Effort in this direction has yielded encouraging results. The department has received a research grant from DBT (2010). Department’s effort to attract researchers has led to joining of one Ramalingaswamy Fellow and one recipient of INSA Young Scientist Medal in the department. The faculty and students have published 12 scientific documents including paper in high impact factor journals in the last one and a half year.
- Campus recruitment for the department has also been very successful with student placement rate of 77% for 2012-13 batch and 86% for 2013-14 batch. This year 3 students from final year BTech programme have qualified GATE, one student has cleared CSIR-UGC NET examination and two students have passed ICAR entrance examination. Further, some of our students go for higher studies in premier Universities and Institutes in India, USA and Europe.
Seminars & Workshops
- The Department also organizes inter-departmental research work, seminars and scientific talks by eminent scientists of India. Recently Prof.GuruprasadShrivastava, Director, Research & Emeritus Scientist at C.S. Azad University of Agriculture & Technology, Kanpur , Professor Dr. CVS Siva Prasad , IIIT Professor & Head, Dept of Bioinformatics, Allahabad, Dr.TejpalDhewa, Department Of Microbiology, Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences, University of Delhi Dr Pamela Knight, Edinburgh University visited the department for scientific Talk. Time-to-time the department also organizes industrial visit and educational tours for the students. Recently the students of M.Tech and M.Sc visited the Unit of Mother Dairy at Lakshminagar, Delhi.
- Educational tours to different research institutions and industrial houses and laboratories in the different parts of the country are routinely organized by the institute to help students not only to network with their scientists, researchers and corporate leaders but also to expose them to different work environments beyond the walks of the institute. This way they increase their mental dimensions and become better equipped to handle transition from college premises / academics to research studies and industrial jobs. All attempts are made to nurture and develop the scientific attitude in every students while also concentration on their personality development them giving holistic approach to the learning and education
- The department offers well-equipped labs with modernized Equipment. All lectures are taken on SMART class based LCD projectors. At present, the department is running B.Sc, M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes where students are being exposed to learning and research in principles. Special efforts are made to help weaker students by arranging special lectures, tutorials, etc and related study materials are provided in the soft or hard copy. Several scientific research projects including DBTfunded Ramalingaswamy project and INSA funded project are running in the department by our eminent biotechnology faculties.
- The Laboratory is well equipped with all modern biotechnological instruments are maintained and supported by trained scientists & skilled laboratory technicians. The department is having the following instruments for regular practical classes and research purposes. These are: Spectrophotometer, Gel Electrophoresis, Centrifuge, Electronic Balance, Spectrophotometer UV-1700, Water Bath, Autoclave, Microscope, Orbital Incubator Shaker, Electronic Analytical balance, HPLC, PCR, Gel Doc. System, Fermentor (2 Lit, capacity), Muffle furnace, Plant Growth Chamber, etc.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)