The Department offers UG, PG, and Ph.D. Course in various disciplines of life Sciences (Biochemistry, Food Science, and Technology, Microbiology and Biotechnology). All the basic infrastructural facilities needed for conducting teaching and research programmes in different areas of Life Sciences have been developed in the department. The department is housed in a newly constructed building consisting of classrooms with audio-visual facilities well-equipped students laboratories, research laboratories, and classrooms. The students undergo project training in every year in various areas of sciences
- B.Sc (Biotechnology)
- B.Sc (Biochemistry Hons)
- B.Sc (Food Science and Technology)
- M.Sc (Microbiology)
- M.Sc (Food Science and Technology)
- Department of Biotechnology strongly believes in this doctrine and so encourages its faculty to be involved in active research so as to be in touch with the recent development in the subject and deliver the latest. Effort in this direction has yielded encouraging results. The department has received a research grant from DBT (2010). Department’s effort to attract researchers has led to joining of one Ramalingaswamy Fellow and one recipient of INSA Young Scientist Medal in the department. The faculty and students have published 12 scientific documents including paper in high impact factor journals in the last one and a half year.
- Campus recruitment for the department has also been very successful with student placement rate of 77% for 2012-13 batch and 86% for 2013-14 batch. This year 3 students from final year BTech programme have qualified GATE, one student has cleared CSIR-UGC NET examination and two students have passed ICAR entrance examination. Further, some of our students go for higher studies in premier Universities and Institutes in India, USA and Europe.
Seminars & Workshops
- The Department also organizes inter-departmental research work, seminars and scientific talks by eminent scientists of India. Recently Prof.GuruprasadShrivastava, Director, Research & Emeritus Scientist at C.S. Azad University of Agriculture & Technology, Kanpur , Professor Dr. CVS Siva Prasad , IIIT Professor & Head, Dept of Bioinformatics, Allahabad, Dr.TejpalDhewa, Department Of Microbiology, Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences, University of Delhi Dr Pamela Knight, Edinburgh University visited the department for scientific Talk. Time-to-time the department also organizes industrial visit and educational tours for the students. Recently the students of M.Tech and M.Sc visited the Unit of Mother Dairy at Lakshminagar, Delhi.
- Educational tours to different research institutions and industrial houses and laboratories in the different parts of the country are routinely organized by the institute to help students not only to network with their scientists, researchers and corporate leaders but also to expose them to different work environments beyond the walks of the institute. This way they increase their mental dimensions and become better equipped to handle transition from college premises / academics to research studies and industrial jobs. All attempts are made to nurture and develop the scientific attitude in every students while also concentration on their personality development them giving holistic approach to the learning and education
- The department offers well-equipped labs with modernized Equipment. All lectures are taken on SMART class based LCD projectors. At present, the department is running B.Sc, M.Sc. and Ph.D. programmes where students are being exposed to learning and research in principles. Special efforts are made to help weaker students by arranging special lectures, tutorials, etc and related study materials are provided in the soft or hard copy. Several scientific research projects including DBTfunded Ramalingaswamy project and INSA funded project are running in the department by our eminent biotechnology faculties.
- The Laboratory is well equipped with all modern biotechnological instruments are maintained and supported by trained scientists & skilled laboratory technicians. The department is having the following instruments for regular practical classes and research purposes. These are: Spectrophotometer, Gel Electrophoresis, Centrifuge, Electronic Balance, Spectrophotometer UV-1700, Water Bath, Autoclave, Microscope, Orbital Incubator Shaker, Electronic Analytical balance, HPLC, PCR, Gel Doc. System, Fermentor (2 Lit, capacity), Muffle furnace, Plant Growth Chamber, etc.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2015)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-15)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-15)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah Architecture, 2014-15
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor Architecture, 2014-15
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan Architecture, 2014-15
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma Architecture, 2014-15
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish Architecture, 2014-15
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee Architecture, 2014-15