With the diversity and balance in its curriculum, the students are prepared for careers in both academic and industrial settings. Students are provided with many opportunities to interact with computer scientists and professionals from both academia and the business world, through regular seminars, conferences and visiting speakers. Due to the quality of education, discipline and values, students get easily absorbed in various organizations of international eminence such as:
- Applications Developer
- Software Engineer
- Database Programmer/Designer
- Information Security Specialist
- Multimedia Authoring Specialist/Programmer
- Computer Animation Expert
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- IT - Lecturer
- Robot Designer
Career Path1: Designing and implementing software.
- This refers to the work of software development which has grown to include aspects of web development, interface design, security issues, mobile computing, and so on. This is the career path that the majority of IT graduates follow.
- While a bachelor’s degree is generally sufficient for entry into this kind of career, many software professionals return to school to obtain a terminal master’s degree.
Career Path2: Planning and managing organizational technology infrastructure.
This is the type of work for which the new information technology (IT) programs explicitly aim to educate students. Sharda University invites big software houses to come and interview the students. Some of the invited software houses are: IBM, Sapient, Cognizant, Dell, Infosys, TCS, Wipro, HCLTechnologies The industry offers packages ranging from 2.75 to 4.0 Lacs per annum. In about 4 to 5 years, the earning of those employed gets doubled.