We sincerely believe that building human competencies and capacities is critical to our continued growth and success. Sharda University is an employer of choice for top-notch professionals who seek challenges in educational initiatives that support economic growth and development. Sharda University makes conscious effort to ensure an over all employee development and understands that it is not just about acquiring skills to solve specific problems, but also about addressing challenges and expanding perspectives.
Once a new member joins Sharda University family, he or she (both Academic & Non Academic) would normally be given in-house training covering:
- Brief Introduction of the University, the campus, and the Environment
- Vision and Mission of the University
- Code of Ethics and Best practices at Sharda
- Introduction to University ERP i.e. System Information Management (SIM)
- HR policies and procedures
Sharda employees, academic or non-academic, may have opportunities to develop their teaching/management skills by attending Faculty Development Programs/Management Development Programs.
Type of training provided to faculty and staff
One of the most crucial factors in the success of Sharda University is the fact that almost all new faculty members are given a modular training in teaching methodologies and pedagogy with the use of Education technology tools such as power point presentations, discussions, blogs, and forums on the intranet and a host of digital reference material and content management system which provides simulated learning tools for each student.
Objectives of Faculty Development
Development of following skills in Faculty:
- Teaching methodology, Content Development and Management
- Communication and Leadership skills
- Enhancing Subject knowledge
- Inculcate Research aptitude - Discovery approach to teaching
- Reduce the time period to develop a quality teacher
- Standardization and Quality management in teaching
- Motivation to excel in teaching and research
- Application of knowledge to real life problems at learning stage
- Generate integrity and belongingness to the organization
- Extension activities
The University further promotes faculty development through:
- Effective use of technology
- Developing R&D mindset for technology development
- Learning new methodology for improvement in teaching
- Critical thinking
- Faculty exchange and collaborative R&D programme with National and International Universities/Institutes under MOU
- Recognizing faculty for their work of excellence
- Encouraging faculty to organize/participate in, scientific Meeting/Forums/Conferences
Training & Development of Non Teaching Staff:
Non-Teaching staff is encouraged to go on University sponsored training programs, both in-house and outside, to improve their skills.