Business Incubation Centre
The Business Incubation Centre (BIC) at Sharda University has been established in 2013 under the sponsorship by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Govt. of India, New Delhi. At present, the research work on eight approved ideas is in progress.
- 1. Lab scale development of piezoelectric transformer
- 2. Development of light emitting diodes
- 3. Development of photovoltaic modules of dye sensitized solar cell
- 4. Development of intelligent system as graphology expert
- 5. Design and Development of filters
- 6. Antibacterial nano material embedded fabrics for medical applications
- 7. Prototype development of supercapacitor
- 8. Biodiesel production from waste vegetable and non edible oils using nanoparticle catalyst for commercial purposes
Progress at Business Incubation Centre:
- In the 1st Idea lead free piezoelectric ceramics have been prepared b a conventional solid state reaction. In this the incubatee has prepared required ceramics in four different compositions. Further, all the samples have been successfully characterized by SEM.
- In 2nd Idea, CdSe and CdTe nanomaterials have been synthesized and characterized by various instrumental techniques such as XRD, SEM, TEM, UV-Vis. XRD and TEM revealed their size ranges from 26 nm to 41 nm. Their optical band gap is also found to be highly technologically suitable for device fabrication. Furthermore, the study of their photophysical and electrical properties are under progress as a part of future work to study their suitability as ultrabright LED material for the fabrication of device which will be completed by next six months.
- Under 3rd Idea, TiO2 has been procured and small area single cell material evaluation and performance checking has been completed. Two 1 x 1 cm cells have been fabricated and tested. The results show Jsc= 21 uA, Voc= 0.4 V, and ?=0.03%. The future plan for this idea is to fabricate large area (10x10cm) which will take place in next three months and finalization of device design and device evaluation will be completed in further three months.
- Data sample forms have been collected by various strata of people for the 4th Idea. Text for different language has been identified and data collection is still under progress. Base line from different text has been estimated. Feature based on the baseline is mapped also.
- Under the 5th Idea, polymer blends have been prepared and characterized well with DSC, AFM and powder XRD. DSC and PXRD results revealed large crystalline property in the solution of blends prepared by the PC and PMMA. Now the study of pore design based on the analysis of pure liquid flow through the pores of a surface microfilter is under progress.
- In 6th Idea, ZnO nanoparticles and hydrogel have been synthesised by a simple techniques and are used on a fabric bandage. The hydrogels have been synthesised using PVA (18 mmol of OH group) with dimethyl suphur oxide DMSO as a solvent and N,N_-methylenebisacrylamide (bis-AAm) as the cross linker. Zinc oxide nanoparticles have also been synthesized using a simple precipitation method with zinc sulfate and ammonia as starting materials. The synthesized samples were calcined at 4000c
- Research and Development Activity, Sharda University Page 19 temperatures for 5 hrs. The hydrogel were utilized to provide uniform distribution and binding of the nanoparticles to the fiber surface and to prevent their agglomeration. The resulting ZnO-Hydrogel fabric bandage have been investigated for antibiotic activity against gram-negative bacteria of three species; E.Coli, Pseudomonas and Staphylococcus aureus known as important pathogens in clinical infections. Significantly high antibacterial effect on the bacteria tested was achieved.
- In 7th Idea, procurement of chemical and glassware has been done. Under this idea, electrodes preparation using graphite and grapheme sheet is under progress.
- In 8th Idea, Chicken bones after calination has been used as heterogeneous solid base catalysts for the direct tranesterification reaction of waste cooking oil. The calcinations of chicken bone was done at 550oC for 2 hours and characterized by XRD and SEM techniques. The transesterification reaction condition was carried out at 60oC for 60 minutes in presence of 0.8 wt % calcined chicken bone powder as catalyst. The yield of the biodiesel was found to be 79.43%. The catalytic activity of various catalysts has been investigated at a molar ratio of 4:1. The comparative study shows that sulphuric acid, chicken bone, sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide produced the following yields of biodiesel: 79.16, 77.95, 59.21 and 47.52 % respectively. The acid and saponification values were 0.336 and 72.93 mg KOH/g and lower than the standard values.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)
School of Business Studies has taught me the art of Involvement and adaptability and its applications to tackle the uncertain situations. The learning in the class room and interaction with industry eSai Arjun MBA