Clinical research basically denotes any investigation carried out on normal healthy and/or diseased human beings to generate information which can be used for treatment, diagnosis, prevention and relief of symptoms in disease. In the present context, we refer to Clinical Research as investigations that determine the safety and effectiveness of drugs, devices, diagnostic products, vaccines and treatment regimens intended for human beings.
• Sharda University is UGC recognized private university and has several faculties including MCI approved Medical college and a functional multi-specialty teaching hospital.
• Courses offered by Centre for Clinical Research at this university are approved by the university, unlike other unapproved and unrecognized institutions in the country.
• The courses are reviewed by an Advisory Board of Studies, duly appointed by the University.
• Existence of a medical college, hospital orientation program, permanent academic staff, lecture theatres and laboratories are the major strengths of the institute in imparting world class teaching environment.
• Special lectures are taken by renowned visiting professors belonging to scientific and pharmaceutical organizations.
• Introduction of Computer Education, Personality Development and Communication skills during the courses are novel characters of teaching of clinical research at this university.
• Last but not the least, the Institute is being run under the guidance of an eminent medical professional who has more than three decades of teaching, research and administrative experience both in India and abroad. He is Fellow of many national and international scientific bodies and won several awards. He has hundreds of scientific publications in national and international journals. He is ably supported by a dedicated faculty, both from within and outside the University.
So far, almost all the pass-out students have been successfully placed at various reputed organizations such as Pfizer, Max Neeman, Fortis Group of Institutions, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, Medanta, Artemis, Innodata, Metro Hospital, etc. and are doing well in their respective areas of work and responsibilities.