The advent of Computer Science in the second half of the last century bloomed into Information Technology (IT). This period would be remembered for the third technological in the history of mankind which transformed the age-old industrial society into a modern Information Society (IS). Now, this technology is at the verge of procreating Knowledge Technology (KT) which would transform Information Society into Knowledge Society (KS). In Knowledge Society an extremely strong workforce of creative and innovative knowledge workers would be required to create the knowledge products.
Like IT, the Knowledge Technology would be based on the sound scientific foundations enshrined in Computer Science. The department of Computer Science is envisioned to prepare competent, creative and innovative Computer Scientists who would be capable of meeting the challenges posed by these burgeoning knowledge disciplines. With the strength of preparing competent Computer Scientists, the department aspires to play a lead role in national vision of creating the futuristic knowledge economy through creativity and innovation in Information and Knowledge Technologies.
Our competent and highly qualified colleagues are committed to help our students in improving and enhancing their analytical thinking ability and creativity, and in understanding the professional issues related to ethics and professional conducts, economics, and the societal needs and their role in technologically globalized world.
The department is committed to foster creative and innovative research. The department enjoys the full patronage of the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor, Pro Vice-Chancellor, and the director of the School of Engineering (SET) where it is housed presently.
The department is committed to
- Quality: Committed to quality education and research;
- Excellence: Continuously aspiring excellence in teaching and research;
- Respect: Respect for all persons & constructive ideas;
- Free inquiry: Foster inquisitive minds.
- Service: Service to nation and global community;
The department aspires to be renowned in Computer Science education and research.
- To prepare competent, creative and innovative Computer Scientists.
- To create an environment that fosters innovation, creativity and life-long learning.
- To empower students with knowledge & skills imperative to attain the focal position in futuristic knowledge society.
- Impart cotemporary Computer Science knowledge vital for prevailing academic and industrial advancements.
- Improve and enhance students’ critical thinking and creativity.
- Inculcate among students abilities of comprehending the professional ethics and conduct.
- Inculcate among students a culture of aspiration for securing the dominant position in technologically globalized world.
- Foster creative and innovative research.
- Timely respond to teaching and research challenges.
- To incorporate the cotemporary knowledge: revise periodically the curriculum in the light of the recommendations of apex professional bodies, local needs and industrial trends, and provide tools that are necessary for professional practice of engineering.
- To improve the critical thinking and creativity encourage the innovative teaching.
- To induce the software engineering code of ethics, find methods of illustrating and illuminating the prescribed codes of ethics.
- To foster creative and innovative research create an environment to facilitate increased interactions among faculty members, researchers, visiting scholars, industrial experts, and students.
- To timely respond to the challenges, raise a strong team of experts who are able to comprehend the prevailing state-of-the-art of the field and speculating and discovering the forthcoming technological innovations.