Electrical and Electronics engineering continues to be an ever demanding industry as indicated by the current trend for hiring graduates. Electrical and electronics engineers are working today in all spheres of modern society, be it internet, cellular communication, satellites, industrial control systems, power systems, non conventional energy sources or DC and AC transmission systems.
The curriculum of the department of electrical and electronics engineering is therefore designed to impart the students consummate knowledge and skills for careers in wide range of industries. The courses for undergraduate program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering comprise of eight semesters with five to six courses per semester. These courses typically include electrical machines, power systems, power electronics, control systems, analog and digital communication systems and digital signal processing. Along with technical courses, management and communication courses are also a part of the curriculum so as to acquaint the students with the professional ethics.
The department boasts of distinguished and dedicated faculty that offers full support to the students to help bring out the best in them. The entire course structure consists of eight terms with an option of two summer terms for the benefit of those who would like to take a fast track. Students’ are given a free choice to select the electives from a variety of such courses being offered by the department in conjunction with the other allied branches of study.
The department, in addition of the course offering as per the Curriculum, is committed to undertake the following Co-Curriculum activities during the semesters.
Workshops, Training and Development Activities:
- Technical workshop on Energy management in August 2012
- Training program in Matlab and Simulink – Module – I in September 2012
- Training of faculty 30% in Industry during June-July 2012
- Revision of curriculum through expert opinions of Board of studies in June/July 2012
- Revision of laboratory Manuals for uploading on Website.
- Preparation of course file by all the subject Teachers
Conferences and Seminars
- National conference on Renewable Energy system in November,2012
- Seminar on Power Quality and Management in March,2013
- Seminars to be organized by student chapters of different Professional Bodies