The School of Allied Health Sciences (SAHS) was established with the objective of producing skilled professionals in different areas of biomedical sciences for better healthcare delivery in the country. The course structure and curricula of different academic programs have been framed and designed so that the graduates produced could meet the present need of various health sectors. Additionally this would prepare them for the future requirements demanded from the respective specialization of medical science disciplines. The ultimate aim is to prepare a highly skilled human resource in the area of medical teaching, research and technology who not only get good employment but could in turn contribute in creation and enhancement of such a work force in the future.
- The school is associated with a fully functional 500-bedded multi-specialty Hospital/Medical College on the same and adjacent building in the campus.
- Highly experienced and professionally trained National and International faculty
- Well-equipped modern laboratory facilities and sophisticated medical and analytical instruments/equipments to train students in routine and advanced diagnostic, therapeutic & research modalities
- Well-furnished and air conditioned Class, Seminar and Conference Rooms
- Well maintained Library equipped with books of medical disciplines and all related subjects
- Free laptops for students of Clinical Research and Master Programmes.
The School has the following departments which impart a number of medical and paramedical courses and academic programs which prepare the students for getting not only gainful employment in the country but also make them capable of further improving and enhancing their qualification and skills for international recognition and employment opportunities:
Department of Clinical Research
Department of Basic Medical Sciences
Department of Medical Laboratory Technology
Department of Operation Theatre Technology
Department of Physiotherapy
Department of Nutrition & Dietetics
Department of Medical Imaging Technology